Monday, November 16, 2009

Whats In A Bike



I was sitting here wondering just what I'd want in a bike if I was wanting to build one to sell. An adjustable seat? Longer frame for cruising but short enough to be nimble on the twisty turnies. Overall it has to be comfortable from the get go but also have plenty OF get go and with good mileage. I think today's cruisers could be a little better on the fuel mileage side of things. All my bikes would come with no less than a four gallon tank and none of those electronic gauges that always seem to disappear in the sunlight. Plus the more electronic mess you have the more the wire gremlins you deal with. Lets see, spoke wheels is a gotta have and a choice of forks. An air filled seat perhaps or one that floats like a Semi rig driver seat. The whole bike needs to be update enough but also simple enough to work on and maintain.

Hey! If any of you know of a frame builder for a concept bike out my way on the east coast please let me know.

11 comments:

RazorsEdge2112 said...

Wish I knew a frame builder for you out that way.
Have been thinking similar thoughts myself recently. Something simple, easy and comfortable to ride on for decent distances. Good gas mileage, absolutely.

Hmmm... Maybe put me on your list once the concept bike is done. Sounds intriguing.

WooleyBugger said...

Hey! Your on the list man.

Kathleen Jennette said...

Sorry I don't know a frame builder. If I did, I would have one made for the short midgets like me :)
Just checking in and hoping everything is well with you. Been through a whirlwind but coming out of it. Make a bike for us short people!!

WooleyBugger said...

So good to hear from you KT, I was afraid you'd forgotten me :)

I have seen some of what you have been going through and I'm sorry for the loss. Hope your are staying grounded as things will get better.

FLHX_Dave said...

I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS MYSELF! Well, except for the sell part. I wanna build a bike that I can use to get to work and just romp around town on. I have been beating my glide to death...I need to save it for the epic runs. I have only had the glide for two years and it's almost got 40k on it....I guess I bought it to ride right?

I'm thinking just a simple bobbed beater I can work on, but there are now bike salvage yards around here.

WooleyBugger said...

Dave, for around town these things are tough to beat, and you can secure it in a bicycle rack too. The friend who is already on his way with these for a few years now gets fantastic mileage and service from his.
I just picked up my first new engine and parts from him for testing on Saturday 11-21-09

IHG said...

Don't know a frame builder but I love the bike you are sitting on in the photo.

WooleyBugger said...

Well, IowaHarleyGirl,it can be yours. I hate to get rid of her because I searched for a long time for an unmolested model like it. But, an opportunity like I have won't be a coming around many more times. How often is it that somebody is willing to help you get started in a business and finance part of it plus being someone you trust.

IHG said...

Wish I could buy your beloved motorcycle but I'm afraid I will be paying many hospital bills in the near future. I hope she goes to a very good home because she's a beauty! :)

Allen Madding said...

This fine fella in Liberty, SC ought to be able to help you:
http://www.redneckengineering.com/contact_us.htm

WooleyBugger said...

Thanks IowaHarleygirl, I sure hope you get over this hurdle as Iremember the sacrifice of large hospital bills.

Allen, I'll check them out, appreciate the link as Ihad forgot about them.