This information has been out for awhile. But I'm sure that these helmets are still in use by some who do not know.
IMPORTANT HELMET SAFETY RECALL !
Harley Davidson Motor Company has learned of a safety defect related to certain helmets. The helmets in the recall were produced between November 1999 and February 2001. The helmets affected may not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety standards for impact and penetration. Therefore , these helmets may not provide adequate protection in the event of a crash. The defective helmet may lead to the result of serious injury and or death to the rider.
The following helmets in the recall are:
1. Trespasser Half Helmet — part #97157-01v
2. Phantom Flame Half Helmet – part# 97208-02v
3. Titanium Flame Half Helmet – part# 97224-03v
4. Midnight Flame Medallion (previously Black Flame ) — part# 97226-02vx
5. Blade Half Helmet --------------- part# 97231-01v
6. Defiance Half Helmet ----------- part# 97343-01v
7. Classic Cruiser (flat black) ----- part# 98061-00v
8. Classic Cruiser (gloss black ) — part# 98060-00v
9. Midnight Flame Decal ----------- part# 97227-02vx
If you or someone you know has one of these helmets you (they) may choose to have it replaced , if it is still available . If no longer available you may have it replaced with a comparable style , or obtain a refund for the purchase price from HarleyAce (the Motorclothes division of Harley- Davidson).
Customers who have questions or concerns can contact Kristie Wommack, Motorclothes Manager at (252) 537 - 6493 or at Kristie@collierhd.com from were this information was generated.