Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Been busy busy over here. I have been working like a dog compiling a list of advertisers for the magazine. That is harder work than I would have thought. After things get going, they will seek us out I hope. So far I have a list of over two hundred to contact and still growing.
This whole thing is beginning to consume my every free moment again like my other venture had done. For some reason I just seem to like the pressure and excitement of the unknown of a business venture where as I get almost to the point of burn out going it alone. C'ept this time I do have people on board, I hope they are still with me, to be on staff.
But I get a new wind and keep at it because I have to. I don't have to because someone else says I have to. Rather my own little spot in my brain says to keep at it. It should not be the destination that keeps you at it. No! It should be the journey. When I finally am able to let go and do that myself then things will all fall into place.

Every business owner that I have ever talked to has said the same thing to me and pointed out all the drawbacks. That is the biggest killer for most people is thinking to much and to hard about what the drawbacks are. None of these owners has ever dwelled on the good side of running a business. But there must be a good side or they wouldn't be doing it would they. Seems as if they believe that you have to go it the hard way yourself before being accepted as one of them. That is why they enjoy telling only the downside of it. Then I think to myself: "I can think about all the bad chit myself man. Why don't some of you give me the upside of things and give success pointers. I have ship loads of the downside of things."

When I get a bit frustrated I'll remember what Mark Twain wrote:
" Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did. So throw off the bow lines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream."

My most creative time is at night. Why? Hell I don't know that answer myself. But I remember back in school that all of my best work was done late at night. Maybe it was the quietness and the fact that my mind could seep into what I was doing without interruptions. Thoughts and ideas were/are able to flow in unfettered by dailey demands of the outside worlds on the waking hours.



"Go Ahead and Jump.......and hope the chute opens."
WooleyB

I'm going to put that on T-Shirts.

I remember when that popped into my head while speaking with one of my brothers. I could see myself always at the edge wondering what the plunge would be like but never took the chance. Since then I took the plunge into the unknown not knowing how things would turn out. It was pretty scary stepping and free falling but the rush was living life. It was exciting at the same time because it was my brainchild and I took it from nothing and made it happen. It wasn't even real until it was over and done with then it was "Damn. Look what I accomplished."
Now I don't have to look back on that particular venture when I'm on my death bed and wonder...What if.

No comments: