Sand and Prime
Alright, I spent the better half of two days sanding and priming the saddlebags. I kept finding more bad spots every time after I sanded the top. So, I'd have to use more glazing putty, let it dry then sand it down smooth. More primer would show sanding scratches and surface blemishes that I thought I had got but had not. Each time meant more putty, waiting, sanding then priming. The weather was a might muggy and in my hast when I thought the primer was dry at one point I tried to sand the surface. Great gobs of drat. The primer was still wet just under the surface so sanding made it roll up like pencil eraser bits and some stuck back to the surface. What a pisser. That's what I get for trying to rush things up a tad.
The good side is that I had not done the main bag itself yet which was still in the wait for glazing putty to dry stage. I sanded on this part as I waited for the top to dry, then did some more putty in spots, let it dry and sanded down smooth before priming it up. Of course there were more spots to fix just like the top. It was touched up and primed then set on the shop table to wait for to dry well. I don't want to sand to soon like the top.
That is where I am at for now. Reminder to myself: Get more primer.
Until next time.