Sunday, August 16, 2009

B.A.C.A (Bikers Against Child Abuse)

I must apologise for my rant yesterday about the wheel. Also I'd like to add that it is no excuse for my behavior and this is no justification. I am only saying why I was so upset as it was later when I analyzed why I was.

Yesterday was already frustrating because I had read on the B.A.C.A site the account of a medic who responded to a child abuse call the day before. I went back to the site again yesterday and watched some of the Australian videos. But after reading what happened to this little five year old girl I was first moved to tears, yes I said it, moved to tears. If that makes me less of a man than so be it. Then reading about the abusers actions of being so relaxed and seemingly self satisfied of what he had done to his own little girl, well it festered in my mind is all.
The wheel was not what I was angry at really but was the monster whom this little girl calls Dad. How could a person do that to they're own child?

Sometime back I had checked out the B.A.C.A site and my interest was high on getting involved, only it is more than an hours ride to their location so I don't feel I could make the meetings as required. There is just no way I could be available for court dates and support in a timely fashion to help these kids. As I said, only one chapter is in my state. If only there was a closer chapter where I could do some good. I already have good standing along with contacts at our local Police Department to work with for this cause.
But perhaps I would need to work on my self control when it comes to the child abuser. After all, seeing someone lose control is not in the best interest of the children. The focus would have to be towards the child's needs above everything else in these cases.

6 comments:

B.B. said...

Being moved to tears does not make you less of a man, if someone can hear about stuff like that happening and not be moved, they have no soul.

Ann said...

As a patch-holding member of BACA, I encourage you to go to the meetings and talk about starting a chapter closer to you! We need you!

WooleyBugger said...

B.B,

Thanks for dropping in and leaving a comment. There was another photo, of many, that had me pause in disbelief, It was a toddlers angel face looking at the camera and both hands were scalded up to the wrists. I just sat and stared at that picture for some time.

Ann,
I wonder how hard that would be, getting a new chapter started, and all. I could contact crash again and have a visit.

Ann said...

I think you should. Let me know how it goes. :)

RazorsEdge2112 said...

Wooley. I second what Ann said. It is my opinion that after reading the blog you refer to, shedding a tear shows that you are a strong man. A man with morals. As Ann said, we need you.

Also, one of my best friends live in the same town you do. I have been trying to hook her up with a B.A.C.A. chapter there. She doesn't ride but works for the county. I know, from what I hear, B.A.C.A. is really needed there.

WooleyBugger said...

B.A.C.A never got back with me from my email yet. I'm in wonder if the chapter is still active.