Saturday, December 04, 2010

The Weather Man Was Wrong! Ya Think?





Just a week ago we had this





Today we have this. I like this camera a lot. Enlarge the picture's and you can see the falling snow.





A view from the garage over RB's seat to the outside. Double flash picks up snow flakes very well.


The weather man had said we would see light flurries around three in the afternoon with heavier snow fall over night with not much accumulation. Well, as you can see it came earlier than predicted, such as beginning at one this afternoon, just after I got back from my short jaunt. It's now beginning to creep up on the pavement working it's way from the curb towards the center. Billy and I would have been ski- rude had we gone ahead with our plans.

The D.O.T had not even been out salting the roads this time round and are caught with their pants down.
Ya know, I think RB new it was coming and was delighted to go on a very short run. I had felt uneasy all night about this trip we were going to take today so RB probably picked up onit too. You can't tell in the last picture but the snow is falling harder and building up. So we went out anyway just to give mother nature the finger then headed back home. HA! RB and I got the last laugh today.

Oh, check out snomox

7 comments:

FLHX_Dave said...

Heh, I was thinking you were an idiot for a couple of moments...then I thought about myself and laughed.

sorry about the snow!

WooleyBugger said...

Hey I had to get a ride in before it snowed. Not many ride around here when it's 30 degrees out. I'm hardheaded at times. Wanna feel all your senses come alive? Some think riding in rain is a milestone, HA!, ride in the snow and threat of black ice on tires that are to cold to grip well, now that's a milestone.


Only an Idiot would do it. :>)

Billy Jones said...

I rode home from Dover, Delaware in the snow about 30 years ago. What would usually be about 7 hours of fun riding turned into almost 20 hours of pure misery I don't plan to repeat.

WooleyBugger said...

Recyclebill, wasn't that when you rode with "The club" and spent to much time with some filly and you left to late to beat the weather?

RazorsEdge2112 said...

Looks beautiful. Haven't had the opportunity to ride in snow yet. :-)

Oh, supposed to be nearly 70F here today. Crazy!

Unknown said...

We're in the same boat here. It seems like just yesterday the flowers were alive and looking good in their pots... today it's snowing - and cold! Nothing to do but stare out the window...

Brady
Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life

Kathleen Jennette said...

Its incredible what this weather is doing to us. One week ago we had 80 degree weather and flowers...I guess it really is Winter! Merry Christmas to you!