Sunday, December 04, 2005

Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year. We put up our tree today and did the other decorating too. Only thing is, we didn't do it up as much as we have done in the past with everything displayed around. But the tree has everything on it so all is not lost.

Back when I was growing up in Georgia, my mother and I were the ones who did most of the decorating. Christmas is also her favorite holiday of the year. Me, I would get into it and she and I would put things out and I would even string lights outside on the bushes. She always had this little train and village set out that was so cool. She'd put out gumball trees and I would put gumdrops on all the toothpicks that made up the limbs.
Remember, if your old enough, the tinsel Christmas trees that had a plastic color wheel that you set up and it made the tree change colors. We used one of those a few times and to me it was spectacular to look at. But we went back to a live tree and they were always so spendid. I still like to just look at ours today with all the lights in the house turned off. The tree gives me a soothing calming feeling that makes it tough for me to turn off at bed time. Not to mention that it makes me feel at peace.

No comments: