Friday, March 03, 2006

Long Hair.

Why is it that
people think someone with long hair is bad or evil? So many great people in our history had long hair. Writers, poets, teachers inventors and many, many more. Is the man down the street who is a law abiding citizen a worse person than an ENRON executive because his hair is long? He wears a leather jacket and rides a Harley with his pony tail in the breeze. The ENRON executive wears a suit, drives a Mercedes and keeps his hair cut nice and short.

Men with long hair seem to be feared for just having their hair this way. While the finger pointers are blind to the dirty deeds of the short hairs. I wonder if Benjamin Franklin had to put up with the wise cracks.

4 comments:

Michael K. Althouse said...

Good points, all. I have cut my hair on only a few occasions, and fully intend to keep it long no matter what. It is part of who I am, my persona. I gotta say though, I am ever amazed as to the reactions of those who have spoken to me on the phone or have read my work but never met me. Then they see the person behind all those words. Talk about a reality check - all that hair, and brains too!

~Mike

scaredofu said...

You are so right. People are afraid of the unusual and different.All I ask is keep it neat and clean. Rock on long hair!

Kathleen Jennette said...

Ahhhh, I love long hair on guys, always have, the old San Francisco hippie that I am. How about this scenario: I am a woman, I cut my hair--VERY SHORT a couple of years ago-- I liked it cause it was easy enough, I called it the Sharon Stoneless look (Ha!)....I started riding.... people thought I was gay (the woman on motorcycle syndrome)....now I am growing it out long--but because I like long hair anyway and I missed it ...why do people have to think that anyway!?
I say-- I don't care...look like you want-- it might surprise them.
Have a good laugh and live.
Fogitabout it.

WooleyBugger said...

Wow! Wish more people thought like you.

The Sharon Stoneless look. Hehehe