Sunday, December 06, 2009

First Pull On Vacuum Machine

Made my first pull on the vacuum machine tonight and was bummed out on the outcome. So I tried again and had good vacuum but the plastic pulled out of the frame and the plastic only patially molded. This was aggravating because it should have worked. The only thing I can figuire is my heat source is not giving enough surface heat consistantly, looks like it is only heating the middle so there is no drooping of the plastic before putting on the mold. I need an oven to get good surface heat to the whole sheet of plastic.
Everything else worked well but I was hoping for at least a better forming of the part

5 comments:

RazorsEdge2112 said...

Looking forward to reading about your adventures in parts molding and vacuum bagging. Have similar plans for my project bike.

Big Daddy said...

I haven't had a chance lately to comment...but I'm reading this whenever I get the chance.
Love the inspiration..keep it up.

Kathleen Jennette said...

I have no idea what you are talking about... but I love ya anyways!!

WooleyBugger said...

Razorsedge: I sure hope you enjoy reading about my trial and error so maybe you won't make the same mistakes.This is, however, a vacuum table that uses no bagging system persay. It's really cool, I might try the bagging system as well depending on how this table works for me.

BigDaddy: Yeppers, I've been a might busy myself and can't even get to all the great blogs and new ones I find through blogs like yours. Your inspirational words give me more inspiration to go forth into the cold shop.

K T Did: A vacuum table is used to make molded shapes from forms or other pre-made items, say, a cell phone case or camera case. Those clear packages in stores that incase items like pens or knives and things are vacuum formed over the item.
Don't matter much though as long as ya love me anyways.

mq01 said...

hang in there wooley, you'll get it-im sure of it.